Founded in 1991, Boston City Campus has continually added courses to its offering, giving you more choices as to what you can study.
They have over 100 courses for you to choose from (Postgraduate, Degrees, Diplomas, Higher Certificates, Occupational courses, and Short learning programmes), and cover many fields.
The Agera group was tasked to build a state of the art studio at the Boston Braamfontein Campus, Johannesburg CBD. We designed, built, and installed all studio gear required to operate the studio. The challenge was to build the studio next to the DJ Classroom, this was a challenge as we had to separate the rooms so no noise could spill across the rooms.
The solution for sound separation would be a floating floor. Thereafter we constructed the gypsum sound stop boards with dense insulation to become the inner room shell. Once the room was completely sealed, we focused on the airflow, electrical, and lighting systems.
The construction took a total of 4 weeks to complete the control room and recording booth.
We then installed the bass traps and sound absorption panels to make sure we removed any unwanted frequencies and echoes.
Lastly, we installed all the recording gear.
- QU 16 ALLEN & HEATH was used as mic preamps and fader control.
- Custom Studio desk to accommodate all required gear
- Native instruments S49 Midi controller
- 8 channel break out box into the booth
- RCF 8 Inch pair of studio monitors
- 4 channel headphones amplifier
- AKG close back headphones
- AKG 214 Large diaphragm condenser microphone